About Us

MagruderHallPlanetariumNov2014 (7 of 18)Located in Magruder Hall on Truman’s campus, the facility is an academic resource to support Truman courses in the sciences and fine arts, a community resource for regularly scheduled shows for the general public and an academic outreach by providing programming for local K-12 and homeschool populations.

The 60-seat, 1,800-square-foot Planetarium and Multimedia Theater project started in 2005 with the expansion and renovation of Magruder Hall.

In October 2014, Del and Norma Robison of Kirksville made a gift to help complete the project. The Robisons were 1957 graduates of the University and enjoyed long and distinguished teaching careers, including service to Novinger, Moberly and St. Louis area schools. While residents of Chesterfield, Mo., and teaching in the Pattonville School District, the late Del Robison was actively involved in securing a grant to equip the district with a planetarium and observatory, becoming one of the few school districts to have such a facility.

With the help of private donations from alumni, parents and friends of the University, the Del & Norma Robison Planetarium & Multimedia Theater is now the only such facility in nearly a 100-mile radius of Kirksville.

About Del and Norma Robison

Del and Norma Robison of Kirksville made a generous naming-level gift commitment to help complete the planetarium and multi-media theater project.

The Robisons are 1957 graduates of the University and enjoyed long and distinguished teaching careers, including service to Novinger, Moberly and St. Louis area schools. While residents of Chesterfield, MO, and teaching in the Pattonville School District, Del was actively involved in securing a grant to equip the district with a planetarium and observatory, becoming one of the few school districts to have such a facility. Through the years, Del witnessed firsthand the impact such a resource had on stimulating learning and inspiring creativity in all who use it.

View a list of shows currently available in the Planetarium here.